Monday, April 29, 2013

Weird development

I am not sure what to think.  My husband thinks I jumped the gun getting Sophia tested and looked at by birth to three.  She has had a weird weekend and it is showing us she is learning...albeit a little slower.

When Sophia was 12 months old she would crawl up the stairs all by herself.  We have a large staircase so this was impressive to us seeing as she wasn't yet walking.  But after a fall, around the same time she stopped speaking, she also stopped walking up the stairs.  Today is the first time she has walked up the stairs in 4 months all by herself!

She also learned how to point to the objects she wants versus whining until we guessed the item she wanted.  This is a new development for her as she never pointed.  But now she is.  I am not sure what to think.  I am hoping she is learning new things but I fear I may have been to hasty getting her observed by birth to three?

She is also saying mama again.  My husband is taking this as a sign that she will have a huge developmental leap and will suddenly not be learning disabled. I guess I feel the same way to a point but I also know it isn't going to happen, that she really is verbally disabled and delayed.  But there is hope for her.

Until next time we celebrate the little milestones.

No comments:

Post a Comment